Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kiddos Train Table

Hi There,

For Christmas I wanted to make my 18 month old something really special. We already had tons of Thomas trains laying around from when my daughter was smaller. I purchased a used Train Table of Craigslist for $40 and picked up some coordinating spray paint colors at my local craft store (I like A.C. Moore because it's close by and offers a 15% teachers discount; however, Michael's, Joanne's, or really any of those places will have paint....you could also use regular acrylic paint if you prefer to use a paint brush).

First I wiped down the table and let it dry. Next I spray painted each section (this took about a day as it needed several coats). Once the paint was dry I put the table back together, arranged the tracks the way I wanted (you can also apply hot glue or gorilla glue to the bottom so they will stay in place) and the table looks nicer then any of the $200 ones they sell at the toy stores.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions if you need help recreating your new train table. I would be glad to help:)

Happy Holidays!!!!

~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment